Jan 12, 2008

The cute faces make it worthwhile...

After a much needed holiday break, the paws are back to hitting the pavement.

I do have to admit that I was a little bit self-loathing going back to training as I had learned to enjoy having two days off in a row instead of only one.

However, all those emotions get thrown out the window the minute you see cute puppy faces.

Especially when the first one you see is like this!


"Oh, hi! Do you have a cookie for me?"

He was like a little baked potato with legs. I was really tempted to scoop him up and just put him in my camera bag. But his Mom couldn't take her eyes off of him, so my plans were foiled!


And fluffy ones like this..


"You will soon have an overpowering sensation to give me a cookie...
you are mesmerized by my fluffiness..."



I also learned an important lesson today. It is 99.99% impossible to take a picture of a Chocolate Lab puppy. Nearly impossible I tell you! The combination of spring legs and an inane determination to give millions of kisses makes it damn near impossible to get a still shot of a Chocolate Lab puppy. But I was determined...and I won.



"Cherish this moment, Lady.
For it will last merely a nanosecond!"



This puppy solemnly proclaimed to me that he would like to join The Canine Mafia. To show me his sincere interest, he came dressed to play the part. Complete with the gold chain and everything!


"So I hears yous gots the books open..."

I had to inform him that he was too young. But perhaps when he gets a wee bit older he can come join the "Waste Management" business.

I think I crushed all of his dreams.




And then there was the puppy that had the entire class laughing. Miss Sadie here came into the first class with her tail tucked between her legs and nervous of anything and everything. In less than 3 weeks, she came out of her shell, producing a cashew-shaped wiggling puppy whenever she approaches the building.

I feared my camera would scare her, but boy did she ever prove me wrong. She actually posed for me! Which brought the entire class to erupt in laughter.

I think Linda Evangelist is her idol because Sadie proceeded to tell me that doesn't wake up for less than $10,000 a day.


"I do not accept bills larger than $50.
Thanks for understanding."




This fluff-o-puppy was a riot. He lives to work and was all about working. He was so intense!



"Excuse me, I'm working right now.
Come talk to me during recess."



The day isn't complete without a Golden puppy smiling at you. It should be a required prescription. One Golden smile a day to keep the sadness away.



"Say cheese!"



Except I think this Golden Puppy is broken! No smiles from this puppy today.


"It's all downhill once you leave the womb, I tell ya."




If you happen to die from cuteness overload often, I'd suggest you skip the next two pictures. Seriously, I am warning you...the following pictures may be too much for anyone to handle.





C.U.T.E.

AND THEN...he cocks his head to the side if you make kissy sounds. Only this puppy can make a titled head be to die for!!





This Great Pyrenees is another fluff-o-puppy! He needs some static guard for his hair!




At the end of the day, my puppy and I were glad to be home. But we have to admit that we had a great time and wouldn't want to be anywhere else on a Saturday.



"I'm still your favorite puppy, right?"

2 comments:

  1. 1---2---3----CLEAR!!!


    I just died, and then was revived! You should put a warning on the title of the posts that have so much cuteness in them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - ADORABLE... they're all so freaking cute! you're too lucky to get to work w/ them :)

    ReplyDelete

ⓒ 2012 Mary Williams All Rights Reserved.