Clio and Murphy are so not amused by my camera. Can you see the dagers leaving their eyes?
These two are also full of questions. Murphy wants to know why he can't help his Mama gather votes. He could totally do it! He also wants to know why I go to the bathroom with the door closed. We had a long, frank discussion about privacy which I still don't think he understood. Clio wants to know why I didn't bring the Pugs with me.
Tell me that isn't the most forlorn face you have ever seen!
And for the reader that asked for my spaghetti sauce recipe, here it is! All Murphy asks is that you mail him a gallon-sized Zip Loc bag as soon as you are done cooking it. :)
Mafioso Spaghetti Sauce
1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
1 (28 ounce) can Italian style stewed tomatoes
1 (6 ounces) can of tomato paste
1 (16 ounces) can of tomato sauce
2 (4 ounces) cans of sliced mushrooms or 1 tub (8 ounces) of fresh, sliced mushrooms
4 fresh Roma tomatoes, sliced
2 yellow onions, chopped
2 green bell peppers, chopped
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stock pock, brown the meat until no longer pink.
- Drain off all fat.
- Add remaining ingredients (including liquids in cans) to stock pot and stir until well blended.
- Let simmer on low heat for approximately one hour, stirring at half-hour intervals.
- Taste sauce and add salt and pepper as desired.
- Freezes well and can be used in lasagna recipes as well!