Sep 17, 2008

Success!

Carmela went out and got herself a bullet proof vest (a.k.a. Puppia harness) like the Pugs wear.

She wanted to be just as cool. Look, she's even mastered the "Youse gonna swim wit da fishes!" look.






Actually, that's a "Go stick it where the sun don't shine!" look. It's the look she gives me whenever we are "training." And by training I mean that I ask Carmela to do something and she runs away laughing at me hysterically.


It is a size XXS. I have underwear bigger than her vest! Wait...not that my ass is big or anything. Wait...dammit, this is totally not working!!




Today I decided to try and walk all four dogs to the park. Crazy you say? I agree with you! Considering Carmela never has had a leash on her and not leash trained, I think I was crazy when I decided to do this!

We started off with everyone sitting nicely before exiting the door. Except for Carmela, because she gives the equivalent of a doggie F U whenever I ask her to do anything.



Bruno asks "She's behind me isn't she?"




We only managed to get tangled 132 times (thanks Carmela!). Only 53 of the neighbors laughed at us. In that 53, Vinnie's included because he laughs at everything.





Did I mention it was really hot?







But then Carmela starting voguing for the camera and I forgot what a headache it was walking all 4 dogs to the park. :)





I need to figure out the kinks for walking four dogs at once. Does anyone have any tips or advice? I use a coupler with the Pugs and was trying to come up with a way to use one with Carmela also.

Now everyone is fast asleep in their crates, snoring the day away. Carmela is using her crate on her own. If I ask her to go in it, yup! you guessed it, she laughs at me hysterically and runs away. But if she's tired, she'll trot into it and nap the day away. I'll take that for now!



Continuing our theme of success, I am happy to report that Carmela is doing very well on raw.



"Yum!"




She eats like .00000000000000000000001 ounces a day and her poops are almost nonexistent on raw. That's a plus, right?



"Nom, nom, nom!"





We have yet to try any bones, but tonight, she is having her first serving.




"Delish!"




We did have one day where she didn't want to eat anything and I thought perhaps she was being picky. I found myself trying to entice her with different foods (baby food, cottage cheese, tuna, scrambled eggs) in an effort to eat because I am deathly afraid of Carmela obtaining hypoglycemia.

I decided that if indeed she was being picky, then I needed to just offer her the food later that evening and if she refused it then, off to the vet we'd go. But she ate it like she was starving and since then, she hasn't refused a meal since. Now she's back with the appetite of a gorilla!



"More please!"



We also had a Spa Day. I washed all the filth and grim off of her. I also trimmed the rest of her nails back and now they are at a decent length. The good part about a dog this little is that you can wash them in the kitchen sink. The bad part about a dog this little is that you have to make sure they don't go into shock from the cold. I had to put a bath towel in the oven so I could get her back to normal body temperature quickly. See, this is why I call it Spa Day. :-)

8 comments:

  1. Ah, just stick the little one in your purse! Actually, until you've got her trained on the leash (one-on-one work), I would carry her...I mean not starting bad habits is half the battle, right?

    How badly would Bruno freak if you made him carry her? HA HA HA HA!!!!

    I love that picture of Carmela saying "more please!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking she looked like "The French Lieutenant's Woman" ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is the same size as the coffee pot! HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What if Ryan made a triple "coupler"? Do you think she can keep up with the pugs? Carmela will learn the mafia ways in no time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I take it you are keeping Carmela with the boys!!??!! She is very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude, Carmela should totally ride on Bruno's back. He could have a little pack with saddlebags....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bruno's expressions are priceless! And that look that Carmela is giving out of the towel is the ultimate F U!

    Good call on the food. It would be a pain if she became a picky eater. I know that I worry about one of my roommate's Min Pins, always obsessing over how much food she eats. However, she is a canine vacuum, eating whatever crosses her path.

    Are there couplers for three dogs? I think I've seen them somewhere. I'll have a look and let you know if I find any.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, not hard to find like I thought it might be!

    http://www.superleash.com/Add%20A%20Dog%20Leash%20Connectors%20and%20Couplers.htm

    Sorry for the link. Not sure how else to do it.

    And even just the picture might help. Ryan's a handy guy, right? :)

    ReplyDelete

ⓒ 2012 Mary Williams All Rights Reserved.